Saturday, August 11, 2007

Another Saturday Night and I Ain't Got Nobody...

Hershey and I were groomed on Wednesday. Hershey looks pretty! He is annoyed with me though because I have not made a visit to the dog park recently. It has been hot and I am tired at the end of the day. He does have fun there. He has been playing with Sammy and Sammy loves it. I am still sandwiched between them at night. I cannot explain my popularity. All I ever say is stop licking me, okay that's enough!, STOP LICKING ME! They do love the head rubs and belly rubs I give them. These events occur before we go upstairs for they have given up their night time assaults!

Anyway, I have been doing people things...dinner with friends on Tuesday night, therapy on Thursday night and STARDUST (the movie) on Saturday with lunch and a friend. Great movie by the way, if you like fairy tales. I am watching shows and movies that feature women over forty. We need all the support we can get. I am NOT voting for ANY presidential candidate who is on his third wife or is married to someone 15 or more years younger than he is. Before you say that George and Dick are still married to their first wives so this is not a true test of character, it is not my only criteria. I am very much against giving the US Gov another dime of my hard earned money in any form! until they start working with what they have already been given. I listened to a man on TV today saying that if we raised the gasoline tax 5 cents a gallon, we could fix the bridges... I question his intelligence. Where does he think the already high gasoline tax is going? Do we need shrubs, sprinklers, and flowers or to repair our infrastructure?

Because I had unexpected car repair last week, I cancelled an extra visit from my cleaning people and a haircut. True that was a tenth of what it cost to repair the car but it is a start. I am taking my lunch and eating a lot of vegetables. I am looking for less expensive hotels in Italy for vacation. Choices...they aren't so hard. Okay, okay stop laughing. Everyone one at every income level learns to manage. That is my point. You have a billion dollar budget but you still have to make choices!!!!!!!! You can't do it all and you have to be practical.
This blog is supposed to be about Hershey...many apologies...I got sidetracked. Hershey just brought Sammy back inside (Sammy must have been in the back yard)...barking and herding the cat so I guess it's bedtime.

No comments: