Monday, June 11, 2007

The Race Up the Stairs

On you mark, get set...GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Hershey and Sammy race up the stairs each night when I start to turn off lights and TV to go upstairs for bed. We watch TV down stairs and get on the computer at the same time. Hershey and Sammy run in and out of the sliding glass door as much as they like but by 10 PM, we have had it and want to retire.
I'm not sure who wins the race each night because I am seldom at the top of the stairs when they reach their destination. I am struggling behind, carrying shoes, disposing of newspapers and turning off lights. At first only Hershey ran up the stairs ahead of me. He'd run into my bedroom and jump up on the bed to wait my arrival. Sammy, desperately trying to stay out of the way, would dart to the living room and crouch until I was upstairs then he would run up too and follow me into the bedroom at a leisurely pace. I'm not sure what changed or when but suddenly the Sammy tried to over take the Hershey on the stairs! The race was on. At first I thought it was an accident but I soon saw that it was deliberate behavior on Sammy's part and he being more assertive. Good for you Sammy! Have fun! Win the race!

No comments: