Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Bought Pants Recently

and was I amazed at the fit or rather the lack of. I am not petite and definitely over the hill but I have always had a flat behind resulting in pants being loose in the seat. Recently bought some new pants (Ladies Trousers!) from EB as they have tall sizes. Could not get them up over the keester. It wasn't because they weren't wide enough be because they didn't seem to come up far enough. Finally got them buttoned but was expecting a longer rise as they were tall. Went to Cheesecake Factory with my friend Jill (my niece's age) and she told me that they have been making pants as low ridersCheck Spelling for the last few years. Not everyone wants to walk around showing their belly button or underwear. Manufacturers are so nuts. There are other demographics out there shopping besides the 18 to 49 crowd. This problem is not limited to EB either. I bought Jones NY last June and noticed the same issue but to a lesser extent. Did you know that the average dress size of women today is 14? Did you know that size 10 is the new extra large? What's the fashion world coming too? Can't wait for things to change again....

2 comments:

miss k said...

it is all a conspiracy against us "PBG" girls. what you may ask is a PBG . . well that means Pretty Big Girl - we are gorgeous and are just a little more comfortable in a 14 instead of an 8

Mommydearest24 said...

Hi gogomom I agree with thedivinemissk Iam BBB too