Saturday, April 7, 2007

Hershey and Gracie at the dog park.

Well, I said I was starting this blog to share my stories about Hershey a large (11.7 lbs) Silky Terrier of enormous spirit. Here goes. Hershey met a new friend to day...Gracie who is a calm and gentle Maltipoo that his aunt Sally was babysitting for a friend. Hershey goes nuts when he goes to Sally's house because he still thinks Buddy is there. Buddy passed away last June unexpectedly. Hershey loves Sally because she is so happy to see him and gives him treats. Hershey is a very social guy not like his human mom. Anyway, Hershey and Gracie went to the dog park. Aunt Sally had never been there and Hershey was anxious to show her the fun. Gracie took it all in stride. Hershey met some long haired Dachshunds who were digging holes near a trash can. Turns out they were after a field mouse that was under the can. Hershey, the little ratter! was not the most tenacious dog which surprised me because he always seems to be rodent trolling. Anyway Hershey and Gracie has a nice time. The wind was blowing and we left early. Go exercise! I thought Hershey would rest when he got back home but he and Sammy went out into the back yard and found an injured Humming bird (slightly missing tail). They were batting it around until I called them in. I have no stomach for cats eating birds. Hershey wore his Easter scarf today. He doesn't know it but I bought him a lion to drag around for Easter. I will add the photos tomorrow. I am too tired to do it tonight. Sweet dreams all.

No comments: