Thursday, May 31, 2007

Where's Hershey??????

Tonight after we returned home from the dog park. I prepared my dinner. Nothing special or worth mentioning. I ran out of paper towels during the preparation and went to the garage to get more. As we all know, Hershey follows me everywhere. I quickly came back into the kitchen as I was cooking a hamburger and slicing tomato. I unwrapped the paper towel and put it on the dispenser. I served myself some left over potato salad, arranged the tomato and cucumber on my plate, and transferred the hamburger from the pan. I sat down to eat and didn't notice the peace and quiet. Not sure what I was thinking, I was immersed in the national spelling bee on channel 7. I sat and relaxed and then...I heard Hershey's faint bark. There it was again. I got up and walked toward the foyer, the bark was louder. I opened the door to the garage and there was Hershey! He had entered the garage when I opened the door to get paper towel and had been locked out. I never noticed his absence. What kind of mother am I???????? We're together again watching TV and barking at the commercials that feature animals (even cartoons).

2 comments:

Mommydearest24 said...

So glad to hear news about Hershey.He makes my evenings with his stories. How was his trip to the Dog Park has he met any new friends ?

miss k said...

This is what I love about the little doggies - they follow you so closely that you don't even know that they are there - and then when you shut them out of the house/garage/room - they find a way to let you know AND when you rescue them - they love you just like it never happened. I wish people could be more like little doggies.